Hexagon Finance and Advisory Limited (“Hexagon”) was founded by Rick Gambetta to provide 100% independent debt advisory and capital raising services to borrowers, investors and developers active in commercial real estate investment and development as well as Worldwide renewable energy projects.
Hexagon’s services include advising clients on their financing requirements providing, where applicable, alternative or innovative financing solutions and access to new debt and equity providers; assembling the appropriate capital structure for investment in commercial property and clean energy and acting as arranger in capital markets financings where the asset and structure fit the requirements of long-term fixed income investors.
Some of Hexagon’s recent transaction highlights include:
- acted as Adviser on €50m equivalent of construction and VAT facilities for a portfolio of ground-mounted solar PV projects;
- acted as Adviser and Arranger on €13m equivalent of construction financing facilities for a 10 MWp solar PV project;
- acted as Adviser and Arranger of €28m equivalent of combined construction and 19 year long-term financing facilities for a 28 MWp solar PV project;
- acted as Adviser to the UK’s Solar Trade Association (STA) in respect of its negotiations with the UK Government on grace periods arising from the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) 13 May 2014 Consultation Paper. The findings in Hexagon’s detailed market report (a copy of which is available on request) were instrumental in securing longer accreditation grace periods for solar PV projects in the UK;
- acted as Adviser to one of the UK’s most successful renewable energy investment platforms in respect of their renewable energy construction financing programme. This required writing a detailed report and market opinion the purpose of which was to bridge the knowledge and skills gap in the various lending teams within this large organisation. The client adopted a number of Hexagon’s key recommendations and has adjusted its core underwriting and lending practices to the market standard that was set out in Hexagon’s opinion;
- acted as Adviser in respect of a €26m equivalent construction facility for 4 solar PV projects totalling 22 MWp;
- acted as Adviser in respect of a €35m equivalent construction facility for a biomass plant in the UK with a proposed installed capacity of 5 MWp;
- acted as Adviser to a renewable energy IHT lending platform in respect of the refinancing of its portfolio of onshore wind, anaerobic digestion and solar PV loan assets and to a newly formed investment company looking to develop anaerobic digestion (AD) plants in the UK;
- acted as Adviser and Arranger on a €15m receivables warehouse financing facility which reached financial close in December 2015. The funding permitted the accelerated deployment of cost-effective distributed generation solar PV systems to households across Germany. This was the first securitised facility for residential solar PV of its kind completed in Europe and is scaleable; and
- acted as joint arranger and adviser on a €30m Green Loan structured to satisfy Climate Bonds Certification Standards. The fully amortising, fixed rate financing was the first distributed generation solar PV lease financing transaction closed outside the U.S.
Rick was formerly Head of Debt Finance and Advisory at Matrix Property Fund Management LLP where he arranged the UK’s first solar securitisation and before that at Lloyds Banking Group Plc, as Head of Commercial Real Estate, Structured Securitisation. Rick is also involved as a Senior Expert Senior Expert in Sustainable Energy Finance | Short Term EU Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) for the Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) Initiative | East and Southern Africa.
Hexagon is a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Appointed Representative Firm with offices in the heart of London.